The results of the tests are in and today Dr. Khatua told us that Ray is cancer free and that everything looks perfect! YAY!!! Needless to say we are so happy. It seems what they thought was a tumor was actually just a benign cyst and there is no activity or growth in it or any cause of concern! We are just so relieved. Many many others are still sick, and some never get better, so I recognize that we are lucky.
We are grateful for the doctors and the medicine that healed Ray's cancer and for the many prayers that supported us along the way. And of course, grateful to God for giving us more time with our boy.
Here are some pictures that chronicle the last home stretch.
-Rays last week in the hospital, here with nurse Emily.

Getting bored and making gnome costumes.

Visits from the finest! The Chan clan...our friends from BYU Hawaii.

Fun times in the cancer ward play room with Ray's cousin Andrew, an IceBreaker champion.

One of our all time favorite nurses Amber!! Here she is giving Ray his very last chemotherapy. She was also the one who gave him his first chemotherapy in May! She said that almost never happens. We thought it was meant to be. This was August 18th.

After chemo was done, Ray was invited by the nurses to come out and Ring the Cancer Bell. When you finish a course of chemo you get to ring the bell to proclaim you finished and you survived. The nurses made a sign that said "Happy Last Chemo Ray!"

When his white blood cell counts came up he was able to go back to church....look at that cute outfit. Our ward has been so good about this whole thing. All his friends, teachers, and the kids in primary were very supportive.

He also got to go back to school in Sept.! He only missed the first two weeks of school and again, his teacher is amazing. She got permission for not just his class, but the entire second grade to be able to wear hats to school for Ray!

They didn't have to wear them long though because by the beginning of Oct. he already had a nice little layer of hair growing back in! He was selected by the Make-a-Wish foundation to be able to have a wish granted. Here we are at the wishing room after Ray made his wish. They are working right now on getting it granted and I'll let you know more about it when it happens. It was very sweet. He's a cool kid.

And now here we are at the end of October and Ray is feeling great, he looks good, he is happy and now he is cancer free! This was taken last week at Cornbellys, where he was running around like a totally normal kid...which I guess...he is!

and finally....my kids and I visited the Provo Temple two weeks ago...we are trying to fill our temple passports up that my parents gave me. I love this picture of Ray. Thumbs up, in suit, at the temple, smiling....here's to many many more years and photos like this!
22 comments:
We are THRILLED for all of you, and so very grateful!!
!!YAY for RAY!!
yay! I am so happy for him and you all. That is a very cute picture of you guys at the temple, such cute kids!
My four year old Eli prays for "little Ray" every night. I think about you often and asked my kids to remember him in our prayers. Eli asks when will he get better. He will be excited to hear.
I'm crying happy tears for you Shannan. We need to get together soon!!!
Wow, what a relief! Love to you all!
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! HAVE A GREAT HALLOWEEN!
SO happy for you guys and grateful for answered prayers!
I totally just cried (again). So happy for you guys :)
HooRAY! :) I'm so so so happy to hear the good news. I got your text when I was in class, and I cheered out loud. Everyone looked at me and the teacher asked "what was that all about?" So I told him, and then everybody clapped! After class a boy came up to me and told me he had be cancer free since December and was glad to hear the good news.
Congratulations! You guys have been through such a hard time and have handled it so well. We love you.
We are SOOOOOOO happy for you and our little buddy Ray!! We miss you guys! Thanks for sharing the pictures and for sharing the fabulous news. We are truly thankful to the Lord for answering so many prayers. Ray is seriously one amazing little boy! We LOVE you all!
Hurra! Hurra! Hurra! Tillykke! Sarah asks every night about Ray. It's been wonderful to pray for you all and I'm so happy the prayers have been answered.
This is the best news ever!!! I'm happy for you guys.
Yay! I am so happy for you guys!! We prayed so much for this to be the outcome! Awesome! Hope all else is well and hope ray gets his wish!!
This is wonderful! I'm so happy for your family! We love you guys!
We're just so happy for Ray and everyone in your family.
WAHOOOOOOOO!!!! Still sending love your way!!!!
Congratulations on your family's good news! I can tell Ray is a fighter. I can't wait to hear more about his wish.
I totally got teary-eyed reading this. We are so grateful for this wonderful news, our girls will be so happy to hear. Thank you for letting us all be a part of your lives. Much love to Ray, you Shannan, and to the whole family for pulling through this.
Mary here Shannan, I am so glad Ray is cancer free and returning to normalcy!
Such wonderful news! You all have been in my prayers. So, so happy for you all!
Congratulations! I could not be happier for you and for Ray. I love you and hope for more smooth-sailing days in your future!
Post a Comment